The idea of storage with recycled materials. Nothing could be cooler than refreshing your interior by creating a soft and relaxing atmosphere to say hello to spring. In addition, we are delighted with plenty of free time to invest in some creative projects with recycled materials to organize our belongings and objects better in confinement mode. It is why, to have a successful spring cleaning, we offer you a rich selection of suitable alternatives to find an inspiring storage idea in this article. Let’s go!
Organize objects using various containers
To have a beautiful and clean kitchen, one of the first things to do is group the most used utensils and ingredients. For this, we can use any container and, if necessary, appropriate labeling. Please take the opportunity to take out the disused objects hidden at the back of your cupboards and give them a second life. Here are some ideas:
- Tin cans – ideal for small items: magnets, rubber bands, cookie cutters
- Jars – with lids for products purchased in bulk (nuts, coffee, sweets, pasta, rice, beans, lentils etc.) or without lids to make practical cutlery trays
- Pitchers – for storing various utensils (wooden spoons, spatulas, whisks, pastry brushes)
- Wooden wine boxes – for storing bottles of sauces, vinegar, oil; napkins and tea towels
- Baskets – to group dry food, spice bags or folded cloth napkins
How to arrange a small kitchen
If in a spacious kitchen, the organization is more a question of aesthetics. When we speak of limited space, it is above all a matter of necessity. So we use little tricks to put things in order. Let’s take a look at some little things that we could easily steal:
· Do you keep old free-standing barbecue grills in your garage? So, nothing could be easier than cleaning them and then using them to create an additional surface in your cupboards by exploiting the space above and below the grid.
· If your cabinets are deep enough, consider storing pots and pans to the side.
· Use boxes or baskets to divide the space in the interior of your storage furniture.
· Make a shelf of hanging jars.
How to tidy up your room easily
Taking advantage of the free time to tidy up your private corner is also an ideal task for the beginning of spring. To begin with, we advise you to go out and sort your belongings into groups: to keep, give, or throw away. Once this is done, we can continue with the organization of the space through small useful tips and lotus drawing. Some suitable options for the bedroom include:
1. Make a hanging shelf out of wood or pallets; a storage unit in crates or a skateboard shelf to arrange books, decorative objects, photos, souvenirs, etc.
2. Make nice storage for your jewelry (with a corkboard, a driftwood branch, a wooden board, small cardboard boxes, or personalized terracotta saucers.
3. Make a hanging bedside table with wood and macrame rope.
4. Create a closet with a ladder and a wooden plank.
Focus on DIY alternatives to find a great toy storage idea
When embarking on the interior organization, the child’s room sometimes turns out to be a real challenge. Fortunately, today one can easily find many creative and practical ideas for organizing children’s affairs.
· for toys: paper bags, baskets or fabric bags, DIY cardboard storage, tire shelf, wall storage with toilet paper rolls, cabinet with wooden crate
· For clothes: baskets or cardboard boxes that can easily be customized with a few pompoms or fringed pompoms of different colors
How to organize children’s room storage with recycled tires
- Plank of wood
- Socket head screw
- Spray paint
- Hand saw/miter saw
1. Clean the tire well and let it dry.
2. To make the shelves, we will need 3 boards whose diameter corresponds to the tire’s diameter.
3. To make the central plank – start by measuring the diameter of the inner circle of the tire, add 5cm on each side and cut the plank using a handsaw or miter saw.
4. For the top and bottom boards, use the inside diameter of the center circle.
5. Insert the boards into the tire.
6. To secure the wood better, use metal bits to drill the tire and a screw to secure the plank.
7. Spray the tire and shelves with a primer. Let it dry well, and then apply a coat of paint of your choice.
Do-it-yourself shoe storage idea
Lack of sufficient space to store all your shoes? Do not panic. There are plenty of DIY options for getting your shoe collection in order. And to help you in this mission here is a simple tutorial to do it yourself:
DIY ladder-shaped shelf:
- Double wooden ladder
- Wooden board – 4.5 (depending on the size of the ladder used)
- L-shaped metal stand
- Screw and drill
1. Place the ladder where you want to store your shoes.
2. Slide the wooden planks onto the cross beams of the ladder.
3. Put a metal bracket on each board’s rail with the ladder and use the drill to secure them.
Besides the decorative and functional scale, you can try making an original piece of furniture with some wine boxes or recycled pallets and using a wire mesh to create a kind of wall storage.
Also Read: The Best SUV-Coupe So Far